Night, Night, I love you


The past month or so, we have been working on the dreaded sleep training. And let me tell you, I dread it. Every. Single. Night.

Sometimes I win and Evie and I both get a solid nights rest, but then there are those off nights. You know the ones, where I'm up for 1.5 hours with her screaming...

It's cliche, but life would be so much easier with a manual. But there isn't a manual. Just hundreds of thousands of opinions you can pick and choose from. The more I've practiced sleep training with Evie bug, the more I've come to realize it doesn't really matter what my system is so long as I do one thing:

Be Consistent. 

Unfortunately for me, that means having to remember at 3:00 in the morning what I'm supposed to do to teach her to sleep on her own instead of just doing what I know will put her back to sleep immediately. Because my memory at nighttime isn't the best and, after long nights, it's not worth much during the day either, I decided to make a wall hanging to help remind me of her nighttime routine.

It's just a few keywords: Night, Night I love you!

I made a longer routine reminder, but it's specifically for naptime because let's be honest, I'm not turning on the light in the middle of the night to read it. But the more I practice during the day, the more it will stick (I hope) at night. And if I end each routine with "Night, night, I love you!" then hopefully those will become her bedtime words and put her to sleep just as easily as a pacifier sometimes does.


The font is called a little sunshine and can be downloaded here.

The border is my own doodle art. Interested in downloading the border for your personal use? Comment below and I'll get in touch when I've added it to my Etsy shop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church History in Review: Primary Jeopardy Game

Coming Closer to Christ in 30 Days (Part 1)

What Life's All About...