Chicken Stir Fry

So it is official - me and my baby girl are eating dairy free. That means no milk, no yogurt, no delicious cottage cheese. But that also means no whey, no casein, no dairy ingredients in any food of any kind.

This is going to be a challenge, but I am looking forward to finally eating cleaner. And my motivation (helping Evie's dairy allergy) is stronger than any motivation I could have for myself.

In eating less processed foods, I'm trying to get a bit more creative with the meals I make. This one was a hit with the hubby so I thought I'd share especially because it is super simple.


Chicken Stir Fry
3 Chicken Breasts
1/2 bundle of Asparagus (approx. 12-15)
1 green zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 mushrooms
Olive oil
1 TBS dried parsley
1 TBS dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

1. Cut your asparagus into bite sized pieces and slice the squash, zucchini and mushrooms. Add to a saute pan with approx. 3 TBS olive oil. Add seasonings and cook on medium high heat until vegetables are nice and tender.

2. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with your favorite chicken seasoning. Cook on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.

3. Combine chicken with the veggies. It's that simple - enjoy!

Are you eating dairy free? Check out this very comprehensive list from godairyfree.org to help you know what ingredients are safe and unsafe for your allergy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church History in Review: Primary Jeopardy Game

Coming Closer to Christ in 30 Days (Part 1)

What Life's All About...